Monday, November 19
1. Turn in Soda Can Dilemma (page 3 is graded for completion)
2. Save the Penguins Storyboard
3. Initial Design
4. Purchasing and Building as time allows
Tuesday, November 20
1. Purchasing/Building Day
2. Initial Testing
Monday, November 12
1. Starter - Pre-Assessment (not graded!)
2. Save the Penguins Knowledge Probe (part 1)
Tuesday, November 13
2. Save the Penguins Knowledge Probe (part 2)
HW = finish the article portion of the KP if you don't get it done in class
Wednesday, November 14
1. Three Mysteries of Conduction
2. Preventing Heat Loss in Homes
3. Exit Ticket
Thursday, November 15
1. Starter - How does a Thermos or Vacuum Flask work?
2. Soda Can Dilemma
HW = finish Soda Can Dilemma packet if you don't get it done in class
Friday, November 16
1. Save the Penguins Design and Planning Day
2. Building shelters - if time allows
(preliminary testing will happen on Monday)
Monday, November 5
1. Writing Day
*finish data collection if you need to!
Tuesday, November 6
1. Writing Day
Wednesday, November 7
1. Peer Review Day
Thursday, November 8
1. Final Revisions
Friday, November 9
Change! Instead of starting the penguin project...
1st hour - Do a second peer review packet
3rd, 4th, and 5th hours - Present and Defend
Monday, October 29
1. Finish Thermal Energy KP
2. Begin Planning Thermal Energy Investigation
HW = FINISH KNOWLEDGE PROBE PACKET IF YOU DON'T GET DONE IN CLASS
Tuesday, October 30
1. Complete planning for Thermal Energy Investigation
2. Begin collecting data if time allows
Wednesday, October 31
1. Data Collection!
2. You may begin writing your report when you get done with your data.
Thursday, November 1
1. Writing Day #1
Friday, November 2
1. Writing Day #2
You will have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to complete your writing, have a peer review session, and make revisions. The completed investigation report will be due on Friday, November 9th. There will not be class time on Thursday and Friday to write. These days are to allow you time to finish at home or in SSC if you need to.
Monday, October 22
1. Complete Gallery Walk
2. Roller Coaster Investigation Wrap-Up
HW = Finish Roller Coaster Investigation Wrap-Up if you don't get done in class
Tuesday, October 23
1. Review Sheet!
HW = prepare for tomorrow's quiz
Wednesday, October 24
1. Time to review
2. Potential and Kinetic Energy Quiz (learning targets #1-3)
Thursday, October 25
1. The Mitten Problem
2. What is "Cold"? Article
Friday, October 26
1. Thermal Energy Investigation Knowledge Probe
Monday, October 15
1. Roller Coaster Investigation - finish planning and data collection
Tuesday, October 16
1. Complete Roller Coaster Investigation Data Analysis
2. work on Explanation as time allows
Wednesday, October 17 (CLT day, shortened classes)
1. Complete Roller Coaster Investigation packets
2. Began planning Gallery Walk poster
HW = finish Roller Coaster Investigation packet if you don't get done in class
Thursday, October 18
1. Complete Gallery Walk poster
2. Gallery Walk
Friday, October 19
1. Roller Coaster Investigation Wrap-Up Activity
HW = finish Wrap Up Activity if you don't get done in class.
Monday, October 8th
1st hour will be taking the NWEA test during this class period.
For all other hours...
1. Last session of work time for Pendulum Investigation
2. Present and Defend for hours with extra time
HW = finish Pendulum Investigation if it isn't done in class.
Tuesday, October 9th
**Pendulum Investigation packet is due today.
1. Present and Defend for all hours
Wednesday, October 10th
1. Potential and Kinetic Energy Problem Notes
2. PE and KE Practice Problems
Thursday, October 11th
1. Graphing PE and KE
2. Finish PE and KE Practice Problems
Friday, October 12th
1. PE and KE Problems Check Up (mini quiz)
2. Roller Coaster Investigation KP
3. Roller Coaster Investigation Planning
Monday, September 24
1. Success Criteria Self-Evaluation
2. Go over any questions about the Variables Packet
3. QPOEE Test Review Sheet
HW = finish QPOEE Test Review if you didn't get it done in class. Study for tomorrow's test (success criteria 1a - 1h).
Tuesday, September 25
1. Time for questions/review
2. QPOEE Test
3. Introduce Energy Learning Targets
Wednesday, September 26
1. Energy Skate Park Activity
Thursday, September 27
1. Finish Energy Skate Park
2. Pendulum Investigation Knowledge Probe
Friday, September 28
1. Finish Pendulum Investigation KP
2. Plan Pendulum Investigation (Question, KP Summary, Prediction, Investigation Plan)
Monday, September 17
1. Finish Fizz Inflator Planning
2. Begin Data Collection if your group is ready
Tuesday, September 18
1. All groups finish Data Collection
2. Data Analysis Notes and Mini-Lesson
HW = Finish your Data Analysis section if you don't get it done in class.
Wednesday, September 19
Early Release Day
1. Time to work on Explanation and Evaluation sections.
HW = Finish your Explanation and Evaluation sections if you don't get them done during work time.
Thursday, September 20
*Your Fizz Inflator packet is due today.
1. Present and Defend
Friday, September 21
1. Variables review and practice
2. Revise QPOEE word sort document
**Next week, Monday (the 24th) will be a review day. A review sheet will be provided.
Tuesday (the 25th) will be the QPOEE test!
Monday, September 10
1. Starter = Review time
2. Habits of Mind Quiz
3. Work on QPOEE Foldable including Prediction and Observation Activities
4. Review/Revise Word Sort
Tuesday, September 11
1. Starter = Classroom Challenge
2. Finish QPOEE Foldable including Explanation Activity
Wednesday, September 12
1. Starter = Classroom Challenge
2. Finish QPOEE Foldable
3. Finalize Word Sort
HW = Finish any revisions or edits that you wish to make to your Word Sort that you don't get done in class.
Thursday, September 13
1. Starter = QPOEE Questions
2. Fizz Inflator Investigation Knowledge Probe
3. Fizz Inflator Investigation Planning
Friday, September 14
1. Stater = Review Fizz Inflator Plans
2. Fizz Inflator Investigation Data Collection
What you can find here:
This space will have weekly agendas, announcements, and general updates about what we are doing in class.