We fell a little bit behind this week because students needed a few more minutes in the computer lab for the Energy Skate Park activity and some extra time practice with the potential and kinetic energy calculations. We had a great time collecting data today though! Students did an excellent job getting everything done in a short amount of time. I was very impressed with how well so many of the groups worked together today.
Monday, October 30th
1. Potential and Kinetic Energy Calculations Warm Up
2. Complete Roller Coaster Investigation Packet and turn it in. (You may turn it in on Monday if you don't finish during class.)
Tuesday, October 31st
1. ~30 of work time on Roller Coaster Investigation
2. Potential and Kinetic Energy Quiz Review
HW = Finish the Roller Coaster Investigation (the whole packet) if you don't get it done in class.
Wednesday, November 1st
1. Potential and Kinetic Energy Quiz Review
Thursday, November 2nd
1. Potential and Kinetic Energy Quiz
2. Thermal Energy Misconceptions Pretest
3. Thermal Energy Knowledge Probe (videos + reading are available in google classroom)
Friday, November 3rd
1. Complete Thermal Energy Knowledge Probe
2. Plan Thermal Energy Investigation*
Is this page just for parents and guardians?
No! This blog is for anyone who wants to know what is going on in our class (that should include students too!). Just because the language is written with parents/guardians in mind, that doesn't mean that students won't benefit from checking in with this blog. It just means that parents don't have to wade through all of the resources posted under the instructional unit section of this site. Likewise, that section of the website isn't meant to be a "parent-free" zone. Parents/guardians can use the resources posted there to help their student or just to stay in touch with what's going on in the classroom.